Friday, October 15, 2021

Trunk or Treat

 Cooper's school hosted their annual Trunk or Treat fundraiser and as a new family to the school and parish, I offered myself to serve as co-chair on the TorT committee. I feel like it is crucial to build bonds with the families that your child goes to school with. He goes to a pretty small Catholic school, so I love the family atmosphere that we get. I had a great time working with my fellow chair members and working with the community to get donations for raffle baskets and sponsorships. It was a nice change of pace from the normal day-to-day grind. As sponsors of the event, Reef Design decorated a trunk as well! Of course, it was under the sea themed. Cooper had an absolute blast running around with his school friends, while Amelia played with the treasure in the chest and then hung out with Grandma and Papa in their truck when it got too cold. Thankfully we were able to get through the majority of the event before the rain started. All-in-all, it was an excellent turn our for the school and a great first volunteering experience for this mama! Until next year, Trunk or Treat. 




Our trunk consisted of a lot of inflatables from Amazon (found here). I cut the pool noodle in a spiral with either 2 or 3 sections, creating the illusion of coral. I cut and rolled up the poly mesh ribbon and fastened it with a mini rubber band. 



Once the sun started to go down, things got real when we turned out the blue lights for effect! These wireless spotlights are AMAZING. They have white, red, green and blue colored lights, with 3 different brightness settings. They are battery operated and come with a remote! I totally see us using these lights for various holiday decor throughout the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment