Wednesday, October 1, 2014

We're packing our bags!

I have officially been accepted into the University of Medicine & Health Sciences in St Kitts. It has been a long road getting here, with 5 years of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate study leading up to this point. The countless hours of volunteer work and interning has finally paid off. I will officially be Dr. Mari in just a few short years!

However exciting this news is, it was a family decision on whether or not I was going to accept the admissions offer. This would mean us living in St. Kitts for 20 months & then returning to Chicago after that so I can complete my 2 clinical rotation years and then move on to residency. We would be allowed to travel home every 4 months for about 2 weeks when I have a break from school. AJ & I decided that it was in the best interest of our family in the long run for me to take advantage of this opportunity.

Come the first week of January, we will be flying down to St. Kitts, AJ will be staying home with Cooper, I will be going to class. This whole transition is rather daunting as I have been home with CJ since he was born, so I am a bit nervous about leaving him for any extended amount of time per day. I know he'll be in great hands, but I'm still having some issues with it inside... I'm hoping as moving day gets closer I will be more comfortable with the idea.

For now, we have TONS of things to get done, including but not limited to: finding a condo, getting Cooper's passport, filling out Visa applications and getting all of our necessities.. the list goes on and on and on.. No literally, I wrote a list of things that need to get done & it's three pages long thus far.

I think I need to hit the tanning bed a few times before we go though since I wasn't out in the sun at all this summer because CJ couldn't be in the sun too long & although my skin tans very well, I don't think the Caribbean sun is going to be too forgiving on skin that hasn't had sun exposure in 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment