Thursday, November 11, 2021

Loaded baked cauliflower bowl

Are you a sucker for a warm oozy cheesy loaded baked potato? I AM! However, I always end up feeling so heavy and yucky afterwards. I have found some recipes for whole head cauliflower bakes and always thought, "oh that looks great! no prepping or cutting of cauliflower needed!" So the other day as a side dish to my beloved dutch oven chuck roast, I made my rendition of a whole head cauliflower bake. 

I started by removing the leaves and any excess stem from the cauliflower head. I put some water and salt in a large pot and brought it to a rolling boil. I tossed the cauliflower head in and cooked it for about 8-10 min (it was a really large head). I pulled it when it was easily punctured with a fork, but not falling apart. I carefully drained it, and put it on a lined cookie sheet and patted it dry. Take care not to burn your hands while drying (not speaking from experience or anything...). I mixed 1 cup of mayo with 3/4 cup shredded parm cheese and slopped that mixture on top of the head of cauliflower and spread it around once it was dry. I decided to top that with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese as well. I baked this for about 25 min at 375 degrees. The mayo and cheese melt into the cauliflower and make it lovely and ooey gooey. I was able to use a serving spoon to "scoop" away servings to plate with dinner and then did the same when putting the leftovers away. 

Fast forward to lunch yesterday. I felt like I had zero time after getting home from picking up Amelia from school and had to log on to work. I settled on leftovers, but really didn't want leftover roast. I decided to grab a bowl, fill it with my cauliflower bake and top it with more cheddar cheese, bacon that I whipped up in my toaster oven on the convection setting, and chopped up green onions. and TADA! I had myself an amazing loaded baked cauliflower bowl and man oh man, it was delish. 


And here is some cutie photo spam, because even on the hardest, most exhausting days, these kiddos melt my heart. 













No comments:

Post a Comment