Sunday, October 20, 2013

13 Weeks

We made it through the first trimester without a glitch! Adam was shocked, but then was all aboard the baby express within no time, book marking pages on his iPad for articles on things I should/shouldn't eat and should/shouldn't do.. (basically if it were up to him I would live on lentils, flaxseed and water... and "burnt to shit meat".. don't think I'm going to be following any of those rules any time soon.) Parents & grandparents were told. Some were super excited at first, while others will take some time to adjust to the new life plans that we have. All in all, Adam & I are thrilled that we made it to the second trimester, but still want to wait a while before we tell people that aren't absolutely necessary.. due to the fact that we still have that preterm labor cloud hovering over our heads.

We went for our first trimester screening this week... but our not so little nugget measured too big to perform the tests! I was supposed to be 13w2d, but nugget was measuring to be 14w4d! over 1/2 in longer than expected! Holy COW! We were also told the sex of the baby.. but have to wait until at least 18 weeks to have it be "definitive". (Sorry.. keeping it a secret until then!) I really need to upgrade this chalkboard.. this tiny one just isn't cutting it.


How far along: 13w 3d
Total weight loss/gain: 6 lbs lost.. ugh morning all day sickness is killing me.. Boobs have certainly grown though! 
Measurements: 36" 33" 36" 
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: So-So.. working 24 hr shifts on the ambulance isn't helping
Best Moment: finding out the gender & seeing little nugget move on the ultrasound
Miss anything: A tall glass of Moscato & sleeping on my tummy
Movement: Not yet, but seen it on the ultrasound
Cravings: Pizza & baked potatoes 
Anything making you queasy: Nothing in particular.. have to eat every 2-3 hours to keep the nausea at bay.. pretty sure my partner is going to gain sympathy wait with me if we keep eating like this while on duty.
Showing: A little bump.. looks more like I ate too much chocolate cake while on my period
Labor signs: Nope
Belly button in/out: In
Things you're looking forward to: Feeling some movement & getting rid of this nausea! 


Our Little Nugget @ 13w2d


Clearly didn't inherit my shorty legs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment