Sunday, November 17, 2013

17 Weeks :: Baby H is a BOY!

Well, This week has been interesting to say that least. My back pain escalated from just dull everyday pain to full out back spasms over the weekend. I ended up going to the ER to make sure that everything with Baby H was OK, given my issues with preterm labor. I had also been feeling tightness in my belly, a few times a day. Nothing painful, but strong enough to where I noticed it and made me kind of uncomfortable. Fearing that super baby was in danger, I sucked up my pride and put the muzzle on my medical professional inner ego telling me to wait it out & went to the ER. The nurses were able to find his heart beat right away, strong and steady, but the doctor wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure there were no signs of labor. I'll never pass up an opportunity to see my little nugget so I agreed. We were told that Baby H is doing well, that he is for sure a bouncing baby boy and that he's currently breech.... Awesome. Little snot better turn around before he makes his appearance so this Mama doesn't need to have a C-section! However, the doctor said no more ambulance work for me for the week due to my back pain and the apparent Braxton Hick contractions that I'm having. We were told to follow up later in the week with our OB and they would have the final say if I could go back to work or not. 

The back pain persisted and we went to our OB appointment at the end of the week. He checked out my belly & found the heart beat in a totally different spot than at the hospital, so I'm hoping that means Lil Man shifted & is no longer breech. We told him about our hospital visit; the back pain and the Braxton Hick contractions and he agreed that me getting off the ambulance is the best move, and that he was planning on taking me off in a few weeks anyways, but now that I'm experiencing this severe back pain and these super early Braxton Hicks that it's best if I slow down now if I want to stay off bed rest later. Yikes. So, for the sake of my sanity and my extreme desire to stay off bed rest, I decided I would follow orders & tell my bosses that I will no longer be able to work on the ambulance. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them regarding a desk job position with the company, hoping that happens soon so I don't go stir crazy sitting at home. 


How far along: 17w 5d
Total weight loss/gain: 4 lbs gained
Measurements: 38" 37 1/2" 38" 
Stretch marks: Nope.. thanks to my Mustela stetch mark cream
Sleep: Friggen sucks.. this back pain is horrific
Best Moment: Finding out that Baby H is officially a baby BOY! One good thing that came out of having to go to the hospital at least.. got to see Lil Man on ultrasound again. 
Worst Moment:The back pain & having to take a trip to the hospital
Miss anything: Feeling like someone isn't twisting my spine.. 
Movement: Starting to feel like he's doing summersaults in there 
Cravings: Jello 
Anything making you queasy: Nope
Showing: I suppose I am actually looking kinda pregnant now.  
Labor signs: Nope, Just the Braxton Hicks 
Belly button in/out: In
Things you're looking forward to: Feeling more distinguishable movement & having Adam be able to feel it

No comments:

Post a Comment