Thursday, February 5, 2015

The big 7-0, Happy birthday Daddy/Papa!

Today was my dad's 70th birthday. We will be celebrating on Sunday with my sister and nephews, but  we had dinner with my parents tonight and gave him his gifts. AJ was able to find him the gun that he carried in Vietnam and while he was a Chicago and Berwyn cop. He got rid of the gun somewhere along the line, and has been talking about it for weeks. Since Illinois passed the concealed carry law, he has taken his class and is now allowed to carry and really wanted this gun again. They are very rare and hard to find now since they are no longer in production. AJ was somehow able to find out and after talking with my mom, we decided we were going to get it for him. He was beyond excited when he open the box and saw the gun. I literally think he was about to cry. He even said that his life is now complete, and this was the best birthday EVER. I think that means we did well. =)

So here is to an amazing 70th birthday, Daddy. I love you to the moon & back! You are my first love, my hero, my role model, the man who set the bar to which ever other man in my life must measure up to and showed me what a perfect father is. The only thing better than having you as my dad is Cooper having you as a grandfather. I love you, Daddy. 70 years young!


Cinnamon sugar cookies. Nom.



SO amazed with his gifts! 





CJ just really loved the box.. 




No comments:

Post a Comment