Sunday, February 1, 2015

Cooper's Nursery!

So, today we spent literally ALL DAY cleaning and organizing and reorganizing. We moved our bed out into the living area and our bedroom is now Cooper's nursery. I am thrilled to finally say that he has his own nursery. I had so many plans for Cooper's nursery when I was pregnant, and when getting our own house got put on hold, so did those plans. While we are still searching for our dream house, I am planning on getting Cooper's nursery together little by little and putting it together here, and then will move everything over once we move and hopefully expand on it. For now, all of his toys and play mat will stay in his room. We have a giant TV in there, and we can close the door to somewhat contain the beast who is on the move 24/7. One of my requests in our house search is an upper level with a loft that I plan on making Cooper's play area.. (I SO want a loft). We are going to do a hunter/outdoors theme for the room. Mostly all of his decorations will be DIY things that I've found on Pinterest, etc. We already have the antler letters for his name, which we are keeping. I will keep you all posted on all of Cooper's decorations as I do them! I'm thinking of making videos on how I make some of these things, in case others want to make them for their little ones! We have some photos/artwork to hang on the walls still, but by the end of the day, we were all so pooped that it just had to wait. Cooper took two 20 minute naps all day because his crib was on the other side of the room while we cleaned the floor, and I think he was just super over stimulated with all of the commotion. Hopefully everyone gets a good night's sleep tonight and we can finish up the room tomorrow and work on organizing our living area/bedroom.

Here are some photos on how his nursery is now.



Up-cycled mason jar from Cooper's baptism that we now use as a paci jar 


"COOPER" Letter Tiles 


That face gets him out of a lot of trouble when he's being bad 
My awesome down slippers from Ikea that AJ got me because me feet are always icicles! SO. Freaking. Comfy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment