Thursday, January 15, 2015

Happy 9 Month Birthday, Little Man! A Month Full of Milestones!

It's crazy to think that it took me this long to grow this little boy in my belly as it has for him to grow this much outside of my belly.. This little boy is just full of energy, happiness, and giggles. He. Never. Stops. Literally... I wish I had the amount of energy he has, it would make it a lot easier to keep up with him. He has two teeth and is working really hard on his top ones, but they have been causing a ton of problems and do not want to come out. Bastards. His eyes are bluer than ever these days, and he makes this adorable little scrunchy face and snorts when he thinks he's being funny. Everyone laughs at him, like all the time, so he just continuously does it, slinging boogers everywhere. Like I said, adorable. 

We went to the doctor today, and although I think their scale is off, they say he's doing awesome. 60th percentile for weight, 75th for head circumference and 90th for height. Clearly the boy didn't inherit my short genes, much to AJ's pleasure. We were told to start him on real people foods, three times a day. So, now he will be eating pretty much everything we eat except for no straight eggs, honey, or milk. I've decided to cut out one of his oatmeal feedings, the one before morning nap, and only give him oatmeal before bed. I figure he's getting plenty of calories from eating three times a day now that he doesn't need to calories from oatmeal anymore. 

Cooper James Holmstrom, your daddy and I love you so very much. We have loved every minute of the last nine months watching you grow. We can't believe that in just three short months we will be celebrating your first birthday! We cannot wait to see what the future holds for you, baby boy. 


How old: 9 months
Looks like: Mama's eyes.. Everything else still Daddy
Weight: 20 lbs 4 ounces.. I still don't believe the doctor's scale on that one
Height: 29 1/2 inches.. 90th percentile for height, clearly didn't inherit my shorty genes 
Likes: crawling, pulling himself up on things, eating everything we give him, clapping, gives high-fives and kisses
Dislikes: Still having issues sleeping through the night, wearing socks, getting dressed in general, being left alone.. The separation anxiety is just overwhelming at this point. I can't even put him down to get dressed without a full-blown meltdown 
Milestones: It has been a month of milestones around here. Cooper is growing up so fast, it's unreal! Cooper claps his hands, waves hello & goodbye, gives high-fives, gives kisses, walks along furniture, crawls up the stairs, has learned the word no, and is now officially half my size.. #ShortMamaProblems 




Waiting to see the doctor 


Playing with Sophie the Giraffe while waiting 


Poor babe after his flu shot booster! 


No comments:

Post a Comment