Thursday, January 29, 2015

Wacky Wednesday & Tapout Thursday

Oh. My. Lord.  I have about run out of energy, patience, and happy thoughts. Cooper decided that he wanted to wake up ~6 times from the time I put him down at 8 until 10, at which point he woke up and started screaming incessantly. I of course thought that it was his teeth, because he has two coming in right now, so I gave him some of his organic baby orajel. My efforts were unsuccessful as the child continued to cry. I tried nursing him, twice, to no avail. Rocking, didn't work.. Bouncing, forget it.. Finally at 11:30 I put him down on his play mat while I heated up a bottle since I clearly had not replenished my milk supply yet to try nursing him again. What do you know, the crying immediately stops and he's happy as a clam playing with his toys. Once his bottle was done, I tried giving it to him while rocking him, which typically works to get him back to sleep, and 6 wasted ounces of milk later he was still wide awake, screaming again. At this point it was 12:15, AJ had to be up for work in the morning, so he decided he was heading off to the couch to get some sleep after spending a few minutes listening to Cooper "Blah Blah Blah" his way around the bed and jumping while holding onto the headboard. I tiredly watched as he exhibited this level of energy that no human begin, especially a 9 month old, should have at 1 in the morning. Finally, at 2 am I had had enough and after another nursing session that did not put him back to sleep I decided to bounce him for 20 minutes, kicking and screaming in my arms, until he finally gave up and passed out. He was up again an hour later, and an hour after that, however, nursing him or giving patting his back for a while put him back to sleep until 7:30 am when he decided he was going to be up for the day. We went all of today with only a 20 minute nap in the morning. I. Give. Up. We went by AJ's parent's house this evening for dinner, where I was basically a zombie. 

Again, bedtime was an issue with him waking up 4 times thus far, but he has yet to not fall back asleep for me. AJ has conceded and decided he's just starting his night off on the couch, so Cooper will probably just end up taking his spot in the bed. I cannot wait until we move out, and Cooper has his own room. I really feel like once we get that separation between us bedtime will get so much easier. I am not a CIO mom and I love snuggling with my babe in our bed like we have since we brought him home and he hated his bassinet, however, something's got to give. I feel like I'm creating a monster, who will never sleep through the night, let alone in his own bed. I know I need to break him of nursing throughout the night, and I need to get him to sleep in his own bed.. It's just so hard when he won't go back down without nursing and when he's done nursing he just rolls over and snuggles up next to me. Bah, I need help. More importantly, I need sleep. 


Throwback to when my babe actually slept. 

No comments:

Post a Comment