Friday, January 30, 2015

Big things happening around here!

Well, Cooper slept decent last night, except for waking up at 4 am and thinking it was time to be up. It. Was. Not. It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get him back down, but finally at 5:45 am, we both went back to sleep until 8:30 this morning. AJ spent some quality time with our living room couch, unfortunately. Hopefully tonight he'll join me in our bed again. It's very unsettling to not have him in bed with me, even though I know he's only in the living room. Morning nap started promptly at 11:00am per usual, and last about an hour. Can't complain there. When CJ got up, we got ready and waited for Auntie Zibba to come over so we could go out to lunch. There's this awesome pizza place not too far from our house that lets you build your own pizza from like a buffet of stuff and then they fire grill it. A.W.E.S.O.M.E I put things on that pizza that I would never usually order on a pizza, but it was delish. Cooper enjoyed watching the people around us, and making friends with the lovely ladies sitting at the booth across from us. He really is quite the flirt. We took a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond so Zib could get some new bed sheets, and then headed home to meet up with AJ. We had a pretty chill Friday night, ordered some Chinese and watched the Hawks game. Bedtime thankfully wasn't too bad and he's only woken up once thus far. Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy night, with Cooper in his crib & AJ in our bed. =) 

On another note, while Cooper was napping this morning, one of the jobs that I had interviewed for called me back offering me the job! I will be working the night shift in the ER after I do my orientation the last week of February. I very excited to get back into the medical field after being out for the past almost 10 months. I love love love staying home with Cooper and not missing one single moment with him, but I really feel like I need to do something for myself, give myself purpose outside of the house again, put my education to good use and not to mention contribute financially to our family. It's going to be super rough working the night shift and trying to find some type of sleeping schedule that will allow me to catch up on hours that I'll be missing while I'm at work. I'll be working the 7pm-3am shift three nights a week along with a 7pm-7am shift every other week. Like I said, rough. But, doable, I think. Haha. The way I think of it is, I will only miss about a half hour of Cooper awake time and will miss bath/bed time a few night a week. I will still be able to spend all day with him while AJ is at work. We can bond during nap time together. I think it will be good for AJ to have that bedtime bond with Cooper for a while. I have always done the bedtime routine, with the exception of undressing Cooper since AJ makes a total game out of it for Cooper and he just loves it. I'm going to start giving Cooper bottles togo to sleep 1-2 days next week, and working my way up to four nights a week by the time I will start my night time hours, hopefully making the transition easier for AJ. I don't plan on weaning him (putting him on pumped milk until he's at least 2 years old) until he's 12-18 months, so hopefully this one bottle a day at bedtime a few nights a week won't mess up his desire to nurse. I'm glad that I will be home by the time he wakes up in the morning, God willing he starts sleeping through the night. It'll almost be like I was never really gone! I will certainly keep everyone updated on how this new journey goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment